What do you do after you find a bag of clothespin in a closet at your moms? THIS. I hadnt seen clothes pins in ages but you can always count on mama Joyce to have lying around the things I grew up seeing regularly. I remember she used to hang clothes on a line and when we’d take them down the clothes would be rock stiff still shaped the way it was hung. Oh childhood memories.
I got these tiny planters from LOBLAWS for those in Canada and immediately wanted to make a plant stand of some sort for them. This tutorial is so simple you’ll want to make millions of them and hand them out in your neighbourhood. Ok maybe not all that, BUT you will be so excited you might want to tell someone. Let’s get started!
WHAT YOULL NEED:
1. MINI PLANT/SUCCULENT (The distance around of the plant pot has to be smaller than the length of four clothes pins summed (added) to make sure it will fit)
2. CLOTHES PIN (WOODEN NOT BAMBOO)
3. GLUE GUN AND GLUE GUN STICKS (PRO: Dries clear, looks neat \ CON: Takes longer time to make craft because of drying time)
THIS IS WHAT YOU DO:
1. Start by breaking the clothes pins to remove the metal spring in between each pin.
– Find the thinest clothes pins to use. You’ll notice that they vary in thickness, use the thinnest ones for this because they will make it easier for you to insert your plant pot into once you’re done.
2. After the pins have been separated, use your glue gun to line the side of a pin and attached it to the side of another one (Make sure they are facing the same direction – Look at the picture below for reference)
3. Repeat step #2 again, making 4 sets of paired clothespins.
4. Stack the clothespins you paired together with glue to intersect with a lone clothespin and make sure both sides of the planter match. What you do to one side, do to the other.
-Take a look at the (+) — that individual pin fits in between the two paired pins where the pairs are stacked and glued above and below. THEN, (@) this pin fits in between the pairs horizontally but the glue is placed on both ends of the single pin and it is connected that way.
Take a closer look at the picture and copy it if I’ve completely lost you at this point lol. Just keep in mind that one sides of the planter should mirror the side directly across it.
THATS IT. If you can’t find plants this small make your own. Buy a tiny succulent, get some dirt and perhaps a small ceramic cup/glass shot glass to get you started.
HOW TO TAKE PICTURES FOR YOUR BLOG
CUTE COFFEE SHOP ROUNDUP