Let’s quickly sprint past the gap between my last Faith post and this one [Casually laces up runners]. All I can do is pray for the spirit of consistency to lead me so I can do this more often (lol).
Now that that’s out of the way –I have a story. A couple of months ago I was on a bus ride home from a meeting was thinking about the riveting direction my life has taken since I got married. It blows my mind to say that there aren’t many things today that resemble the life I was living just 8 months ago.
Marriage is the most obvious thing, but my career, city I live in, and even friendships have taken on new faces! Out of all the redirects, the most impactful would have to be my career! When I got married last year, my husband and I decided that it was our time to GO FOR IT; our dreams that is. And with this, I’ve had to learn [Or am learning – Ok, I haven’t really learnt yet] how to be a business minded GO-GETTER who ALSO won’t compromise their commitment to God. So, like anyone would do I gave it some thought and here is what a less than intense brainstorming session with myself produced. Now what does that mean? Well kind sir/ma’am, it means aside from the help of the Holy Spirit I decided to come up with phrases that I’ve decided I never want to say while trying to achieve my work/God balance as a self employed young in’.
So if you still don’t understand what I’m going to be doing in this article, these phrases [if not identical] are along the lines of what I NEVER want to hear myself say during my development. Whether you’re a student, an entrepreneur, or trying to work the ladder at your workplace, always remember that detaching from the vine, (John 15) kills our ability to grow. LEH GO:
- “I can’t go to Church because I’ve a meeting Chap (In British accent)” – Um excuse me! Kristina, have you forgotten that it is God that establishes all your plans (Proverbs 16:3). The other option would be to have NO meetings so that you (I) can make every church service!
- “Let me save my tithe to have more money to invest into my projects” – The Lord gives seed to the sower, not to the one who invests in their business. Remember that. (2 Corinthians 9:10)
- “I owe all my successes to my discipline and superb ability to multitask”– Ha, Lol on lol on lol. I can barely walk and talk sometimes (Psalms 120 (1-2)).
- “I wonder if I get to do what I love because God thinks I’m great” – All benefits are by the grace of God, so I never want to get to a point where I feel entitled to think I should get what I want out of life because I’m not superior to another, BUT HEY, I am pretty amazing lol. (Romans 3:10)
- “I’ll make time to volunteer at church once I get that promotion” – Naw B! You make time today. This sounds a lot like #1. Just read the answer to that!
- “I’m going to do whatever my supervisor says because that’s the only way I’ll move up” – And if it’s unethical.?This attitude is just not good. (Col 3:23 \ 2 Tim 2:15)